You’ve decided that it’s time to update your home with new flooring. Great! You’re excited and we’re excited for you! The flooring professionals at Builders Flooring are ready to help you select the perfect floor coverings for your home, but are you?
Here are a few tips homeowners can use to prepare for that first visit to the showroom. There are some items that you will want to have handy as you prepare to design your new room.
Color and texture are two key ingredients when identifying your short-list of styles.
- Are you trying to match your flooring choice with an existing wall color? Bring a sample of the color.
- Do you have accessories that match your color scheme, such as throw pillows, bath towels or a piece of art? Bring one along!
- A picture of your room that include your furniture, wall furnishings, and flow can assist our designers not only with color selection, but flooring installation direction and layout as well.
- Cabinets and countertops are key when selecting the right flooring and/or backsplash for your new kitchen. Pictures are great, however, bringing in a cabinet door or countertop sample will provide you with a better match under the same lighting.
- Do you have a focal point in your room such as a fireplace, grandfather clock or other accessory you want to highlight? This information can help our designers with selecting complementary colors and patterns.
- What style of bathroom vanity do you have? Is it natural wood or is it painted? Your flooring selection needs to complement these elements in your bathroom.
- Does your room have a lot of windows or a skylight? Knowing how much natural light will hit your flooring can help with determining the sheen (glossy, semi-glossy, matte) of the product.
- How do you want the room to feel? Are you trying to make a smaller room feel more spacious or cozy? Installation direction can open a room while color selection can bring a sense of warmth to an area.
- If you are remodeling, anything that is not being replaced in your room can help with your new flooring selection such as baseboards.
Having this information and material handy when you visit our showroom will allow our professional designers to provide you with the best possible experience during your visit. Stop by Builders Flooring at 1009 2nd Ave SW, Onalaska to get started or call us at 608-779-5366 to set up an appointment.